Friday, January 16, 2009

I want to introduce Dave Warwak

I am happy to say that Dave has accepted to be a co-blogger here and so we can look forward to his posts as often as possible. I have great respect for Dave after listening to his story. This is someone who put his life and actions where his mouth is and is taking a stand for what he believes.

You can listen to a radio interview where he talks about his vegan-ism and how it effects his life . LISTEN HERE




I do think it is important to tell the truth especially in school and if we keep the truth from our children and "feed" them lies how can they become independent intelligent thinkers.

Animals rights, ending torture and abuse that is on a large scale connected to commerce and habits and money is something that will define us as humans in this century.

It's a daunting task to change habits created over centuries, but just because something has been done for centuries does not make it right or good (think of examples of religious customs and believes that are centuries old and we would all agree are wrong or inhumane. Oppression of women or stoning them comes to mind) and when the evidence is mounting that our health and our social behaviour is directly related to how we treat animals we can't just ignore it, cover it up or wish it away. We especially have a responsibility to our children to give them all the information so they can make a choice and yes I do think children should have a choice in what they eat.

I remember vividly how absolutely I hated milk as a child and I did not like meat. I had a natural aversion to it. I was forced to eat it and drink milk to a point where I felt like I had to trow up. When I could and mother did not look, I pored the milk down the drain, so did my brother. I also hated butter it made me gag and interestingly I also deplored eggs. Because I was forced to eat that stuff I eventually got used to some of it, I guess it's called acquired taste.

I NEVER was able to drink milk, the ghastly smell of cows milk, that I had to get, directly from the "Bauer" never left my nostrils.

I remember when I was a child thinking many times that I could not wait to grow up, so I would not have to eat all that stinky stuff like kidneys, and liver and brains and meat and blood sausage and milk. I hated it with a passion.

Maybe children have a natural aversion because we were never meant to eat meat and drink milk or eat butter or eggs in the first place but we are forced by previous generations in to these same habits. Generational tyranny about food.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Ginette for such a wonderful intro and invite!
    Peace and light,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Dave. We look forward to all your contributions and hope lots of people will follow this blog and take actions that and make a difference like you are making.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments constructive. Abusive comments will be deleted.