Thursday, March 4, 2010

Almond Milk & Steel Cut Oats for Breakfast

WOW! I bought this new milk from Silk, it's ALMOND milk. http://www.silkpurealmond.com
I now have Soy, Rice and Almond Milk to chose from for various dishes. This milk is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. Here is a link to their website so you can learn more about it.
http://www.silkpurealmond.com/# I bought the Vanilla Flavored only because my store did NOT have the plain one, something I hope they will remedy soon!!!

Anyway I used it for the first time today to make a creamy and crunchy breakfast. I used Steel Cut Oats (have more tooth after cooking) about 1/3 cup, 1 cup of almond milk, I added a pinch of salt and about a tablespoon of raw sugar that I store in a jar with used up vanilla beans. (after I use the beans I don't throw them away, I place them in a jar and add sugar, it makes a great vanilla flavored sugar that can be used per tabls in baking and as I did here in breakfasts.)

I brought the almond milk to a boil and then simmered the oats and milk for about 20 minutes string frequently. After t he oats are cooked i add about a 1/3 cup of shredded wheat stir it all up and it's ready to serve. About 1/2 a cup with some fruit will fill you up nicely. No dairy and it's just as rich tasting and creamy as you would not imagine.
ZERO CHOLESTEROL.
Try it You'll ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments constructive. Abusive comments will be deleted.